Your garage door is the gateway to and from your residence. When this door functions properly, you are able to get to work, the store or anywhere else, knowing that your home is safe and secure.
The springs that are installed with your door are among the most important elements that keep it working correctly. You may require a garage door spring replacement at a certain point, due to extensive wear and tear, age or other factors. When that time comes, it’s important to trust an industry expert who can ensure the longevity of your garage door and keep it functioning for years to come.
How to Know When You Need Garage Door Spring Replacement
There are a few tell-tale signs that indicate it may be time for new garage door springs, but first, it’s important to understand the main types of springs that are commonly found with home garage doors:
1. Torsion Springs - Normally installed on a steel shaft above the garage door, in the middle or elsewhere, with set drums and tension. Your door might have between one and four.
2. Extension Springs - Usually mounted on the sides of the garage door in connection with the door track. Pulleys and cables create the system for movement and they will be found with clipped or looped ends.
If you discover that your springs are malfunctioning in any of the following ways, consider a garage door spring replacement or repair:
- Your door won’t open, opens very slowly or won’t stay open.
- Loud or unpleasant screeching or squeaking is heard when you open or close your door.
- Excessive rust, cracking or damage can be seen.
- Regular maintenance has not been performed.
Garage Door Spring Replacement and Repair Services
Turn to the experts at Gem Dock & Door for garage door spring replacement and any repair needs you may have. We have over 30 years of experience servicing residential garage doors across the Chicagoland area:
Our professional service technicians are available 24 hours a day for emergency repairs
We also ensure that your service call is handled right the first time. Our team completes every garage door spring replacement or repair job with a full range of tools and parts readily available.
Contact Gem Dock and Door for Spring Repair
When you need your garage door springs replaced or repaired in a timely manner, make sure to reach out to Gem Dock & Door.
Our team of professionals are certified by the American Door Institute (ADI), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). Your springs will be installed carefully by qualified professionals who pay special attention to detail.
Contact Gem Dock & Door today for a free estimate or give us a call at (847) 807- 4301.